Hero Bystander Praised by World Leaders for Tackling Bondi Gunman
Meanwhile, a hero bystander who rushed and disarmed one of the Bondi Beach attackers has won praise from leaders around the world.
Recommended Video
Extraordinary footage of the civilian’s actions began circulating on social media on Sunday, shortly after two men, later identified as a father and son, started shooting into a crowd gathered to celebrate the first day of Hanukkah.
Massacre in Australia’s History
Consequently, the massacre has left at least 16 people dead in the worst terrorist attack in Australia’s history.
Read More: Sixteen People Killed in Bondi Beach Hanukkah Terror Attack
Bystander’s Bravery
In addition, local media named the bystander as Ahmed el Ahmed, a 43-year-old father-of-two from south Sydney.
He was shot twice and is being treated in the hospital, according to reports.
Global Praise
Moreover, Trump said at the White House that Ahmed had saved many lives and expressed “great respect” for him.
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese also praised Ahmed, and other bystanders who helped treat victims in the immediate aftermath of the shooting.
“People rushing towards danger to show the best of the Australian character,” Albanese told reporters Monday.
Reward Program
Meanwhile, Pershing Square Capital Management’s founder Ackman called Ahmed “a brave hero” and said his hedge fund firm would establish a reward program for people who had carried out similar acts.
The top donor to a gofundme page set up for the “hero” who tackled the shooter is listed as William Ackman, who gave $99,999.
More than $170,000 has been raised so far.
Source: Link






